Tuesday 15 June 2010

Tuesday 15 June Lascun to Etsaut
Overcast and damp above the cloud base but no rain.
Today I got a lift back to Lascun with the landlord of the local pub and started walking on my own at about 9.30. Weather was cool and I made good progress. The landscape was quite pastoral passing through farmland, but always up at first. the route went through open meadowland with an abundance of wild flowers, before ascending into dense forest. I passed two young French lads early on and said hello before going on ahead. just before the forest while ascznding steeply I caught up with 4 french men of my age and conversed with them for about 15 minutes. much to my amazement they colimented me on my french. Je suis gobsmacked!!!
I reached the col and stopped for a bit of sausison et du pain and carried on to Borce whre i did yesterdays posting. I called in the cafe to do todays and les has just joined me. It is only 20 mins from Etsaut (not estaut as I said yesterday). he has seen a doctor about his knee.
will close now and speak again when possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment